In this podcast I sit down with Ben Martin and we talk about how browse can be used as a tool in an enrichment program and how it can help bridge the gap between environmental enrichment and nutrition. We also talk about the many ways browse can be enriching for a variety of animals as well as how to go about starting your own browse program.
Some articles that were mentioned:
- Self-medication by orang-utans (Pongo pygmaeus) using bioactive properties of Dracaena cantleyi
- Unusual feeding behavior in wild great apes, a window to understand origins of self-medication in humans: Role of sociality and physiology on learning process
- Nutritional Advisory Group (nagonline.net)
- Comparative Nutrition Society (cnsweb.org)
- Association of Zoological Horticulture (azh.org)
- American Association of Zookeepers (AAZK.org)